Sunday 30 April 2017

Why Do Intelligent, Well-Educated People Still Believe Nonsense?

Why Do Intelligent, Well-Educated People Still Believe Nonsense?

Last night for the third time in as many months I found myself explaining to someone raised outside of a devoutly religious environment that religious people are not stupid simply because they believe nonsensical things. Each of the three times I’ve had this conversation it’s been with a different person whose professional life has increasingly come to focus on critiquing religion. Each time I’ve encountered the same bewilderment, and each time I’ve covered the same ground in an attempt to explain how and why some people who are very intelligent can...
Read more: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/godlessindixie/2015/10/09/why-do-intelligent-well-educated-people-still-believe-nonsense/?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment