Friday 18 November 2016

How ‘Minority Report’ Trapped Us In A World Of Bad Interfaces

How ‘Minority Report’ Trapped Us In A World Of Bad Interfaces

I wish I could get away with charging my clients a fee for every time they say “Minority Report” to me. I’m a commercial artist in L.A., and 90% of commercial art is shutting up and giving the client what they want. That means I spend a lot of time trying to repackage Steven Spielberg’s vision of the future: floating graphical windows with video hovering in them, typography flickering and animating in response to actors’ actions, interfaces appearing and disappearing when fingers reach out to poke them.
Read more: https://theawl.com/how-minority-report-trapped-us-in-a-world-of-bad-interfaces-d8d2d2af41da#.gg0jo4mdj?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment