Sunday 23 April 2017

If You Really Believed God Determined Morality, You'd Become An Atheist

If You Really Believed God Determined Morality, You'd Become An Atheist

Many of you may not know that my original goal was to be a Christian apologist, in the mold of CS Lewis. That dream got me through a BA, an MA, and half of a PhD program in the humanities before I finally determined that God didn’t exist. The biggest misconception others have had regarding my rejection of God has been that I left Christianity because I didn’t examine it closely enough, or because I gave up on it too soon. The opposite is true. I left Christianity through my belief in God, not in spite of it.
Read more: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/barrierbreaker/really-believed-god-determined-morality-youd-become-atheist/?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment