Saturday 1 September 2018

How to teach yourself hard things

How to teach yourself hard things

This blog is mostly about learning computer programming / systems. Probably 70% of these posts are in one way or another about things I’ve learned and why they’re exciting. But how do you teach yourself hard things? I’ve talked before about having a growth mindset, which is about replacing the belief “I’m bad at X” with “I’m haven’t learned about X yet”. Having a positive attitude is really important, but IMO by itself it’s not enough to learn hard things. Learning is a skill which takes a lot of work to get better at. So this blog post is about specific learning skills that I’ve worked on over time.
Read more: https://jvns.ca/blog/2018/09/01/learning-skills-you-can-practice/?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment