Thursday 22 December 2016

‘I will always put my faith first’: Catholic health educator fired for refusing to teach birth control

‘I will always put my faith first’: Catholic health educator fired for refusing to teach birth control

A former Texas health-center worker said she was fired and discriminated against after refusing to teach patients about contraceptive practices that, she says, violate her religious beliefs. Karen Alexia Palma, a devout Catholic, filed a discrimination charge with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission on Wednesday, nearly six months after she was fired by Legacy Community Health in Houston.
Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/12/21/i-will-always-put-my-faith-first-catholic-educator-fired-for-refusing-to-teach-birth-control/?utm_term=.e0265643aff9?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment